May 26, 2011

A Quick Update

Hello blogworld...it's been a while.

things have been busy for me. With Joey being back at work, it's a constant battle to balance everything out, so that things are getting done, but Also not pushing my body too much. I just havn't found the chance to get on here. I had a dr appointment last week, I drove myself (drive number 2) and while I was there I also saw the medical secretary and requested copies of my records from my hospital stay. while there are so many memories that I can't forget, I also think the notes will help me have kind of an outline to go by and hopefully finish teing ava's birth story and our journey through it all. I'm also interested in seeing what the dr's actually wrote since they seemed to sways tell me one thing and do another. There are so many emotions that come with the memories, I've been trying to write some things out as they come to me. I have a few "events" written out. So hopefully soon I'll be able to share with you all and begin also sharing the big things God has been doing since then. He is so good!

Thank you all for being so patient, and understanding. I oftn wish I waas able to write more. But I'm also thankful for the reasons, that I often have to skip writing for. My children need me all the time, since we made big changes at home and have donny's family living here the gi rls have struggled to nap. So everyday when i Grr y to get a rest, inevitably someone is always awake, or crying or getting into something ( usually jojo. Lol) they did much better sleeping in separate rooms, but one that they are sharing again, it's tough. Whenever Joey is h ome he usually needs to study so i try to take care of things to allow him that time, and even when he I s able to help, I'm still doing things. It just seems like there's always something to do, you other mums know how that is.

Thank you for your prayers for Ava. She is doing so well! During therapy today miss Karen said she had taken a huge jump in development, and that she was amazed at how well she's doing. Ava is now doling over onto her tummy, sometimes rolls back. She's also starting to push up and support her weight on her arms. With miss karen's support on her chest sh e wil. Rock back and fo rth on her hands and knees, she tries to scoot, but needs to work more on her arm strength. She can almost sit, she is getting stronger in her trunk, and also shifting her weight side to sid instead of leaning forward. Overall she is doing so well. Miss Karen also says the loud sounds and talking she is doing is a good indication that she is growing stronger, because she needs to uses a ot of muscles to make those loud sounds. We are so proud of our girl!!

Kyah, as some of you know, smashed her mouth on the bricks in our front garden. Her lips swelled up pretty bad, and she knocked two of her front teeth back a little. She is slowly healing and the swelling has gone down a lot. She told us from the very beginning whe we'd ask how she was feeling "it hurts, but I'm ok" she's been such a trooper. Taking her medicine for the pain and also antibiotics. The dentist said her tooth could fall out, but we have to go back in two weeks to see how she is with out all the swelling, and he'll take x-rays then too. Thank you all for your prayers, please continue to pray with us that she will keep those baby teeth, and they won't hurt her adult teeth.

Jojo...well, she's as crazy as ever. She has a very hard time napping lately, and ends up trying to change her own diaper, painting with poop, wipes everywhere (at least she tries to clean up right?) clothes out etc. She's just crazy. Surprisingly she hasn't had any decent injuries lately, she's the one that's usually geting knocked out. She knows how to quote psalm 1 better than her big sissy now. We're working on kyah...she used to do it so well.

Both the girls know about the first 10 questions and answers in the children's catechism. We are so proud of them, we continue to enjoy our nightly family bible studies, teaching the girls God's word, and are so thrilled with how much they retain, it helps so much when disciplining to be able to remind them of what we've learned, and what God expects.

Continue tp pray for my healing as I am not anywhere near back to normal yet. To look at, things may seem normal, but i still deal with a ot of pain, and struggle constantly with trying to do "normal" things and hurting afterwards. We are continuing to look to the Lord for His guidance in all we do, and for the strength to continue on. I could not have gotten through all this without My Saviour!!

Some of the tthings that happens to me are quite scary and upsetting so bear with me as I open my heart to you all. I pray that through this you will deepen your faith and that there may even be some saved. I know f others whose blogs have grown in large due to their birth stories of having a child with down syndrome, and that is just the beginning for us, there is so much more to tel, and so much od God's goodness to share. I pray that I can be a goo d steward of the opportunity God has given to share Him in such a way.

Keep Looking Up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart, Karly. I take so much for granted. It's wonderful to hear how you're improving and able to drive a little. And how Ava is increasing in her strength and abilities also. God is good.

    ReplyDelete