Apr 7, 2011

When Life gets in the Way...Look Up!

It's been 5 long months since I gave Birth to Ava.  How I wish I could have recorded more. I have journaled some, I plan on recording everything here.  It would have been a lot easier if I had been able to write it as we went through it. But Guess what...life got in the way.  Life... 

I am so thankful that I have life! I could have easily lost it. I could have lost my Ava...I was so close...it was a scary thing...thinking about my kids not having their mum, my husband not being with me at the time it was all happening, wanting so bad for him to be there, thinking how, I just wanted to listen to th preaching that morning, and here I was near death.  Puts things in perspective a little bit, huh?

So these past few months, that I've fully intended to get our story up on this blog, I've somewhat hesitated...but also life has just gotten in the way, and I am thankful for it. So I say when life gets in the way, soak it up, and look to the Lord, thank Him, for giving you life. Thank Him that the laundry has piled up because you've just been spending "too much" time with your little one...some times you just have to weigh the decisions and decide what is more important.  Don't fret over, chores not done...remember those precious times with your children. You never know how it all could change in an instant!

This is coming from the Major house-cleaning perfectionist. I have spent time through pregnancies, so sick I couldn't do a thing, gone through the periods of needing to just let go, because I was too pregnant to do certain things, and now the biggest challenge of letting go completely...when you can't move or get out of bed, you can't fret the small things.  Letting go is so hard!

God has taught me so much through everything we have been through, and I am so thankful.  I am thankful that He has shown me things, I would not have seen before, I am thankful for extra time spent in God's Word...one of the huge bonuses of being stuck in bed! I am just thankful...

So as I sit here, watching kids play, dressing them, reading them Bible stories, coaching them on how to behave and solve conflict, how to live...how to follow God. I am thankful, I am thankful, that sometimes life just gets in the way, and causes us to stop what we're trying t accomplish, and causes us to pause, to ponder, to reflect. No matter what it is on your to do list, be sure and be thankful...you have a to do list, you are living, don't forget to enjoy it.

Things can change in an instant. Soak up every moment you can. Enjoy Life. Seek God. Trust me..when you lean on Him...there's no way it could get any better! He is the ultimate!  


PSALM  105:1-5
O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;




KEEP LOOKING UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment